Job Number: 18141
Facility: Cottage Children’s Medical Center
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Schedule: FULL-TIME 8 HOUR (FP)
Full Job Title: Medical Clinic Assistant
APPLICANTS WITH MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Performs general front office clerical duties, registration, scheduling, and reception as well as assists the physician(s) and patient with the clinical functions necessary to facilitate a patient visit as needed. Utilizes the hospital computer systems to access information and complete clerical tasks.
· Assists with scheduling and registering patients, collecting all pertinent personal and financial information to enter into the hospital system; assembles patient's chart to ensure a seamless patient visit
· Performs general clerical duties such as completing, sorting and distributing faxes, mail, and other forms/documents, photocopying; maintains clean and organized reception area
· Answers telephone, collects necessary information from patient or care providers; screens and directs calls appropriately while using proper telephone etiquette
· Welcomes and greet patients and visitors, answers their questions, updates existing patient demographics; may be responsible for collection of any payments due
· Greet patients, escorts to exam room, takes vital signs and assists physician(s) during exam as needed, clearly documenting appropriate actions in a timely manner.
· Cleans and sets up exam rooms, ensuring supplies and/or equipment are readily available for physician to perform exam/visit.
BLS/CPR certificate required & MA Cert.
Basic Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint). 35 wpm keyboarding/typing speed. Knowledge of medical terminology and authorizations. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
1 year of medical office/clerical experience required. Clerical experience in a clinic (cardiovascular) environment preferred.