Job Number: 18400
Facility: Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Schedule: FULL-TIME 8 HOUR (FP)
Full Job Title: Security Officer, Sr.
Incumbent ensures that security is consistently provided for the Hospital. Is responsible for the efficient operation of Security officer functions and services in the absence of the Security Supervisor. Functions as lead person on the evening and night shifts. Trains new Security Officers. Incumbent is also responsible for the performance of all major duties of a security officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Responsible for the smooth functioning of the security operation during the Supervisor's absence.
2. Maintains dissemination of orders and materials to all Security officers from the Supervisor.
3. Coordinates the security activities on the evening and night shift. Provides work direction and guidance to security officers.
4. Recommends policy and procedure. Writes general orders.
5. Handles public relations and liaison with evening and night supervision.
6. Responsible for field operations:
a. Assists supervisor with investigations, follow-ups, and apprehensions.
b. Prepares daily and monthly work statistics.
7. Responsible for planning and training:
a. Maintain and updates security training manual.
b. Trains new security officers, conducts in-service training and keeps training records.
c. Insures supply levels are maintained, all security equipment functions properly and new equipment needs are requested.
8. Demonstrates professionalism, communication, and compassion with regard for human dignity.
9. Maintains the highest standards of conduct in hospitality, excellence,
appearance, attitude, respect and teamwork.
10. Uses best judgment in all interactions with customers which includes
patients, families, coworkers, Medical Staff, community members and all
11. Demonstrates responsibility in maintaining confidentiality of hospital
information and data within the scope of the position.
12. Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ INTERPERSONAL SKILLS/ CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
1. Knowledge of fire safety, fire suppression and equipment.
2. Knowledge of loss prevention techniques.
3. Knowledge of police and sheriff functions.
4. Knowledge of criminal laws, arrest, search and seizure procedures.
5. Knowledge of patrol techniques and investigative methods.
6. Ability to manage public relations.
7. Knowledge of self defense weapons and restraining devices.
8. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
9. Ability to use good judgment in observing and reporting unusual conditions.
10. Ability to identify suspicious circumstances and maintain alert patrol.
11. Ability to keep records and make factual reports.
12. Ability to maintain cooperative working relations with coworkers and supervisors.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Experience:Comparable training and experience which provided skills to perform the job tasks competently.
· License/Certification:Valid California driver license, CPR and Proprietary Private Security Officer License.