Job Number: 18332
Facility: Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Schedule: PART-TIME 8 HOUR (PX)
Full Job Title: Teacher III - Children's Center
Cottage Hospital's, Orfalea Children's Center has an opening for a Preschool Teacher. This is a part-time benefited position, M – F approximately 32 hours per week.
· 2 years' experience as a Teacher or Lead Teacher in a preschool classroom setting.
· An A.A.or 24+ units in ECE
· Basic Computer skills
· A positive attitude
· A Bachelors in Child Development or Education
· Student Teaching in an Early Childhood College Lab school
· CA Child Development Associate permit or Child Development Teacher permit (or the ability to apply)
We are looking for teachers who are creative, caring, positive and committed to working in a collaborative environment where families are valued for their cultures and traditions and children are respected as natural learners who are encouraged to explore, be curious and experience themselves as confident, competent beings. Familiarity with implementing a project based curriculum model is a plus and the ability to contribute your skills and knowledge within a team framework is essential.
Please note: We cannot count Multiple Teaching subject credentials or experience with grade school age children.
Salary range is $17.41 - $22.60 depending on experience and education.
Cottage Health offers an excellent compensation package that includes above market salaries, premium medical benefits, pension plans, and tax savings accounts.